The Adult curriculum is designed for the beginner adult skater. It will promote physical fitness and improve balance and coordination while teaching proper skating techniques. Adult skaters will progress at an individual rate while being challenged and motivated. This is an exciting new program for people who look to skating as an enjoyable part of a fit and healthy lifestyle.
- Coffee Club: Thursday at 10:45 AM
Special Class just for Adults 18 years and older. This is a 30 min lesson on the public session. Adults will work at their own pace and also receive unlimited AM public sessions all month.
Beginning Adult Classes: Tuesday: 5:30 PM / Saturday: 12:20 PM
- Adult 1: Falling and Recovery / Forward marching / Forward two-foot glide / Forward swizzles (4-6 in a row) / Moving Snowplow Stops F. Two-foot turns in place G. Glide forward on 2 feet and dip
- Adult 2: Forward stroking showing correct use of the blade /Forward 1/2 swizzle pumps on a circle, (clockwise and counterclockwise) 4-6 in a row / Forward one-foot glides / Slalom /Forward chasses on a circle, clockwise and counterclockwise /Backward two foot glide /Backward wiggles / Backward two-foot swizzles (4-6 in a row)
- Adult 3: Forward outside and inside edges on a circle / Forward crossovers / Backward 1-foot glide, right and left, one time skater’s height /Backward snowplow stop / Backward 1/2 swizzle pumps on a circle /Moving forward to backward and backward to forward two-foot turn /Beginning 2-foot spin crossovers with two-foot transition / Backward crossovers to a backward outside edge glide (landing position) /Lunge /Spiral /Bunny Hop / Footwork sequence: (3-5 forward crossovers to an inside Mohawk, 3-5 backward crossovers, step forward inside the circle)
- Adult 4: Basic forward outside and forward inside consecutive edges / Backward edges on a circle /Backward crossovers, / Backward chasses on a circle / Forward outside 3-turns, right and left F. Forward outside swing rolls to a count of 6 / Forward inside pivots, R & L / Backward crossover to landing position
- Adult 5: Forward and Backward Crossovers in a Figure 8 pattern /Forward outside to inside change of edge on a line / T-stop, right or left / Forward inside 3-turns, R&L / Continuous forward progressive chasse sequence, (clockwise and counterclockwise) / Beginning one foot spin
- Adult 6: Forward inside OPEN mohawk, both directions / Forward Perimeter Stroking with crossover end patterns / Alternating backward crossovers with two-foot transition / Backward crossovers to a backward outside edge glide (landing position) / Lunge /Spiral / Bunny Hop / Footwork sequence: (3-5 forward crossovers to an inside Mohawk, 3-5 backward crossovers, step forward inside the circle)
Click here for all pricing for Adult and Skate Academy Classes Skating Academy Info & Pricing