Learn to Play Hockey
The "Learn to play hockey" program is for boys and girls that want to learn the basics and gain some experience on the ice before joining a hockey team.
- Open to players 4yrs of age
- No experience necessary
- Age appropriate, station based practices
- Positive, fun-first environment
- Players 6 yrs and older will normally be ready to graduate to their first hockey team in the CYHL within 4-6 weeks!
- Full Hockey Gear Reqired
Saturday 8:20 am - 9:20 am 10 and Above
Saturday 9:30 am - 10:30 am 9 and Below
$79.00 Monthly Payment
$40 Icetown Registration Fee (Includes Jersey)
Sign Up TODAY!
USA Hockey Membership Fee:
$40 - USA Hockey Registration Fee, which includes:
- World-class insurance coverage to provide peace-of-mind for all involved in the sport
- Mandated background screening for all adults with access to youth players
- Training utilizing The American Development Model which provides age-appropriate learning in a fun environment
- Subscription to USA Hockey Magazine
Please visit www.usahockeyregistration.com to register.
- Never skated before? No Problem!
- Free Public Sessions the day of Class
- Professional Hockey Coaches assisted by qualified volunteers
This class develops the beginner to intermediate skater in learning the techniques necessary to play hockey.
After successful completion of these skills, each participant will be tested and promoted to the Icetown In-House Hockey program.
The Three Promises of an USA Hockey ADM recognized Youth Hockey Program:
As a parent, you understand it is important for your child to get the most out of participating in youth sports. To ensure your child has an enjoyable experience, youth hockey aims to deliver the “Three Promises:”
1. PROMISE OF FUN
The thrill of carrying the puck up the ice, the exhilaration of scoring their first goal or the camaraderie of skating with friends is possible due to the fun and encouraging environment youth hockey provides to try new things and grow as a person.
2. PROMISE OF GUIDANCE
Youth hockey is unique because a new player must start from the very basics of essentially learning to walk again. Your local youth hockey program has instructors that are able to teach the sometimes challenging skills of ice hockey in a fun, engaging manner.
3. PROMISE OF ACHIEVEMENT
You will be amazed at the progress your child will make in a short amount of time. Both you and your child will walk away from the rink each day, excited about all the new things that your young hockey player has started to learn on the ice.
Contact: Fred Nelson
Phone: (760) 893-8219 ext. 202
Please send us a quick memo and we will get back to you within 24 hours.